Flies can be a nuisance in and around your home. Flies carry diseases such as Typhoid, Salmonella. Housefly infestation may not be a major concern, but it can also spread disease. There are many safe and easy ways to prevent infestations or get rid of them when they happen. Flies are not dangerous to humans directly; they don’t bite and cause no allergic reactions. However, their behavior and habits cause a lot of trouble.
Dangers of Flies
- Flies can be carriers of diseases such as bacteria and infections. Their persistence in getting inside a house, searching for food and crawling all over, it causes them to spread infections rapidly.
- Flies outdoors pick up a variety of microorganisms, bacteria, and worms eggs with their legs. Flying from a garbage dump to your home, flies spread all of the above on your food, which may cause such diseases as cholera, dysentery, tuberculosis, and anthrax. That food becomes dangerous to eat.
- In addition to spreading disease, house flies are simply annoying with their constant flying around and buzzing.
How to control Flies
- Try to see your house the way a fly sees it. Eliminate food sources; dirty dishes in the sink, unlidded trash cans and compost bins, and half-empty pet food bowls are all inviting sources of food for flies. Go through your house room by room, and do what you need to do to shut down the buffet.
- To keep your home fly-free, get into the habit of doing a weekly (or bi-weekly) fly check.
- It’s normal for some flies to get in with the opening and closing of doors. However, if you have a lot of flies in your home, you need to figure out how they’re getting in. Examine your window screens for tears, and patch or replace any that are damaged. Then, take a look at the joints around all windows and doors, If you haven’t re-patched in a while, then that may be the culprit. Finally, inspect the weather stripping around your doors, and make the necessary adjustments or replacements to ensure your home is free from flies.
- Use Plants to Keep Flies Away; If you want to go the natural route, flies have an adverse reaction to such herbs as lavender, mint, lemongrass, and basil. You can use them as foundation plantings around your house, or stick them in flower pots positioned by your entrance and balcony.
- For immediate evacuation contact EOA pest control today we will be glad to help you eliminate this unwanted Pest from your home or offices